The VIS conference is excited to support our VISKids and young families!
Grants of up to $500 per family are available for VIS attendees who are bringing small children to the conference or who incur extra expenses in leaving their children at home. The grants will be given as a reimbursement for expenses but attendees are responsible for making their own arrangements for child care. If requests exceed available funding, or if additional funding becomes available, preference will be given to students and early career attendees who are presenting at the conference.
Examples of allowable expenses
- Home-based babysitting or child care services incurred because of attendance at the conference.
- Babysitting or child care services on location in the city of the conference.
- Expenses incurred in bringing a caregiver (or family member not attending the meeting acting as a caregiver) to the meeting. This includes airfare/train fare and hotel expenses.
- Travel expenses for the child, limited to reimbursement of airfare/train fare.
Not eligible for reimbursement
- Travel or other expenses related to the attendee’s participation in the meeting, including meeting registration, meals, travel to the meeting (including private automobile mileage or tolls), or other expenses the attendee would already be incurring by attending the meeting.
- Meals for the child, toys, and tickets to museums, amusement parks, etc.
- On-going home-based child care expenses.
- Recipients of a child care grant must submit receipts for reimbursable expenses.
- Reimbursements will be distributed after the conference.
- Reimbursement forms will be distributed to recipients prior to the conference.
Application & Deadline
- The application form can be found here: http://goo.gl/forms/kL4T35VbD8
- The deadline for applying for a child care grant is September 9th, 2015. Notifications will be sent out on September 11th, 2015.
Please contact VISKids@ieeevis.org with any questions about the childcare grants program.
NOTE: There will be no conference sponsored childcare services on-site at the meeting. The conference does not sanction or recommend specific childcare providers, and does not assume responsibility or liability for childcare services of any sort. It is the responsibility of the parent(s) to thoroughly investigate all childcare providers.