VIS 2020 will be the foremost Scientific Visualization, Information Visualization and Visual Analytics event of the year. With in-depth workshops, tutorials, research presentations, and exhibits, it is the field’s must-attend event for researchers, academia, exhibitors and media alike to learn about and share the latest and most innovative developments within the computing community.
Attend VIS 2020 as an Official Member of the Media
The IEEE Computer Society welcomes official members of the media at VIS 2020. But due to high demand, complimentary media passes will be available on a limited basis, and only issued to working members of the press, analysts, and select representatives from known and established media organizations, who are on assignment. Applicants must complete and submit the application form, meet certain criteria, and provide required documentation to receive a media registration. Please see below for details.
For Print, Trade and Newswire Reporters, please provide:
- A copy of the masthead from a current issue of the publication or a link to the publication’s website that shows the applicant’s name listed as part of the reporting team, or a copy of a business card with the applicant’s name, title and publication name.
- Examples of three articles on event–related topics authored by the applicant and published within the last six months (articles must be original content). (Publishers and copy/content editors do not qualify for media passes nor do individuals in executive management, administration, and/or research.) For Broadcast TV/Radio Reporters, Producers, please provide:
- A link to the station’s website that shows the applicant’s name listed as part of the reporting team or a copy of a business card with applicant’s name, title and station name. For Online Publications & Blogs, please provide:
- The name of the publication and link to the website to which they will publish during VIS 2020 that shows the applicant’s name listed in an editorial capacity.
- Examples of three articles on event-related topics authored by the applicant and published within the last six months (articles must be original content).
- Demonstration of online readership of more than 2,500 unique views per month. (Sponsored bloggers, bloggers for company pages, personal website writers, consultants who blog as a means to promote their business, designers, and public relations professionals do not qualify for media passes) For Freelance Reporters, please provide:
- A letter or email from the editor or senior member of the editorial team on company letterhead or from an official email address stating the applicant is covering VIS 2020 on assignment for the specific publication.
- Examples of three articles on event-related topics authored by the applicant and published within the last six months (articles must be original content). (Marketing, public relations, or other industry executives who contribute bylined articles to news outlets do not qualify for media passes.) For Industry Analysts, please provide:
- A link or copy of a bylined, published report related to the computing industry and published within the last six months. (Analysts and consultants who develop client-only or private-use reports for their own firm or another firm do not qualify for media passes.)
Media passes will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis. Due to robust interest in VIS 2020 and capacity restrictions, media registrations may be closed prior to the conference. IEEE Computer Society staff encourage interested members of the media to register as soon as possible to ensure admittance. Members of the IEEE Computer Society staff will review all submissions to ensure criteria is met and required documentation submitted. IEEE Computer Society staff reserves the right to refuse media passes without cause. Status of your media pass request will be provided via email.