This page provides authors of accepted papers with important information for the remainder of the process until the conference.
CAMERA READY PAPERS SUBMISSION
DEADLINE: August 1. Submit final papers and supplemental materials via the Precision Conference System.
Camera-ready papers may not exceed 11 pages (9 pages of main text and 2 pages of references). The website has complete information regarding formatting requirements of your final revised PDF, copyright form, and optional videos. We do not need hardcopy. Please note in particular the suggestions for ensuring that the images in your PDF document are stored at sufficiently high resolution instead of using the default lossy compression settings.
Please check the second round reviewer comments (if any) and incorporate their suggestions. Note: there will not be further detailed proof-reading of your submission, so PLEASE read through your manuscript very carefully to fix any remaining grammar and spelling problems. If you are not a native English speaker, we very strongly recommend you recruit one to do the final careful pass on your paper. Also note the strict page limits. The 10th and 11th pages, if used, may not contain anything other than references (we will be strict on this). Finally, your paper should not be anonymized in the final version. The paper must include authors and affiliations. Note that if you have been anonymizing then you may find you have to trim your text to fit into the page limits once authors and affiliations are added.
IMPORTANT: Please make sure the final submission data in PCS is identical to the final PDF (e.g. title, author names and last names, affiliations, author order, emails.) You might need to correct the information in your PCS login in order to update the author information. You can do this by logging into your PCS account > my account > Change my contact information.
You can include a video of your work on the conference USB stick. TVCG requires that supplemental material is also peer-reviewed, hence, this is only allowed if you have already submitted a video and if the reviewers have found it acceptable. Videos are usually up to 5 minutes in length, and you may also include other supplemental material such as additional images or source code. The website above includes information on how to do so.
At least one author per accepted paper must register to present the work. Also, an author from each paper will present a short preview in a prior session.
VIDEO PREVIEW SUBMISSION
It is mandatory for authors of all VIS papers to submit a 25-sec Video Preview by August 15.
COMMON EDITING MISTAKES AND NOTES FROM TVCG
Under no circumstances will updates be accepted after 11.59 PM on August 1. We have allowed for exceptions in the past but we will be strict this year.
Common editting issues:
- Use the correct JOURNAL style template (http://vgtc.org/publications/journal)
- Index terms are mandatory
- The abstract and index term sections use an em-dash between the heading and content; there should not be a space on either side of the em-dash and the content begins on the same line as the heading.
- Acknowledgement section—is it complete and correct?
- Titles: Capitalize the first letter of nouns, pronouns, verbs, adjectives, and adverbs; do not capitalize articles, coordinate conjunctions, or prepositions (unless the title begins with such a word).
- Inclusion of the “manuscript received” block on the bottom of page 1 exactly as is. The ‘xx’ placeholders should remain. They will be populated at a later date by TVCG.
- Do NOT include page numbers
- Figure captions begin with “Fig. #” and go below the figure
- Table captions begin with “Table #.” and go above the table
- Figures should not be formatted vertically along a page and authors should not be stacking double column figures on top of single column figures, and vice versa.
- Text should not be wrapping around any figures, either.
Authors, please pay attention to the whole template, not just the list above.
We are looking forward to an exciting and vibrant IEEE VIS 2020!